Sometimes we know the meaning and definition of a world, but we cannot find any right word. For example, when someone asks you the meaning of a word which you already know about, and you become a little bit confused to answer the right word. In this article, you will be able to know the right meaning of tourism in English and Urdu.
Tourism Meaning in English
The word “tourism” comes from tour which means “walk”, “travel”, “trip”, “journey”.
It means travels specially organized, made for recreation and for educational purposes, sometimes with elements of sports.
Tourism Meaning in Urdu
There are several meanings of each English word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Tourism in Urdu is سیاحت (Seyahat in roman Urdu). And Tourist meaning in Urdu is سیاح (Seyah) or سیاحت کرنے والا (Seyahat Karne Wala)
Tourism is a journey made by a person in his spare time from his main job for recreational, educational, professional, business, sports, religious and other purposes. This is one of the types of outdoor activities, the best way to get away from the hustle and bustle, to see something new and interesting, to gain positive emotions. Tourism provides an opportunity to get acquainted with the culture of other countries and regions, satisfies the curiosity of a person, enriches him spiritually, improves his physical health, and contributes to the development of the individual. It allows you to combine relaxation with learning new things.
A tourist trip involves only a temporary departure of a person outside his usual environment, without conducting a paid activity at the place of stay, which excludes from the category of tourists people who travel professionally or involuntarily (diplomats and consular workers, military personnel, emigrants, refugees, nomads, etc.).
The basis for the development of tourism are tourist resources (natural, cultural, historical).
The key figure in tourism is the tourist. He acts as a consumer of a tourist product or service (tour), for his quality service, the tourism industry is formed and operates.
Significance for the economy. Tourism is not only travel and recreation, but also an important sector of the economy. The tourism industry covers enterprises of various industries, from the products and services of which the tour operator creates an attractive tourist product for the consumer.
The tourism industry contributes to the flow of financial resources into the country. It not only generates income for tourism companies, but also provides tax revenues, increases the demand for food and a variety of services, thereby stimulating the development of related industries (transport, hospitality, communications, trade and catering, souvenir production, etc.) . Serving tourists is a source of income for the local population.
This type of activity does not require large initial investments, it is characterized by a high level of profitability and a relatively short payback period for capital investments. The development of tourism contributes to the creation of new jobs and provides employment for the population (foreign experience shows that up to 10 people are required to serve one foreign tourist).
Socio-cultural significance. The development of tourism improves the system of social and cultural services for the population, increases resources for the modernization of the relevant infrastructure, and improves the quality of life.
political significance. Tourism raises the prestige of the country, its authority in the world community and among ordinary citizens. It strengthens interregional and international friendly ties, develops people’s diplomacy, and stabilizes relations between regions and states. The level of tourism development is a kind of indicator of the state of society, its material wealth and spiritual health.
World experience shows that the following conditions are necessary for the dynamic development of tourism:
- a stable socio-economic situation (in the world as a whole, in a separate country and a specific region);
- the absence of administrative and bureaucratic barriers when moving across borders and during the period of guest stay;
- attractive recreational resources (natural-climatic and cultural-historical);
- developed tourism infrastructure and qualified personnel;
- high level of service, provision of comfortable living, hospitality, culture and professionalism of the staff;
- comfortable and safe transport, reliable communication;
- freedom of movement and guarantees of the rights of travelers, ensuring their safety;
- high responsibility of tourist organizations and their structural divisions for conducting specific tours;
- a positive tourist image of the territory, a high reputation of firms and companies serving tourists.
Read Also: Experience The Best Excursions In Tenerife
There are several main features of tourism activity.
The first and most significant is that, unlike the material production industries, the tourism industry does not export a product, but experiences. To better understand this feature, let’s take an example.
You can export 1 ton of oil, say, for $100-150. At the same time, the sold oil will leave the country, and its reserves in the bowels of the earth will not be restored. A room in a first-class hotel can also bring in 100-150 dollars, but every day! It can give tens of thousands of dollars in a year, eliminating the need to export seven to eight railway tanks of oil. The same applies to the export of other non-renewable natural resources. A tourist, on the other hand, does not take anything from the country, except for impressions (a virtual product), but leaves quite a material thing – money.
This feature is extremely important for modern Russia, which exports non-renewable resources (oil, gas, metals) and at the same time has conditions for the development of tourism.
The second feature is related to the specifics of products and services, the inability to move them to the consumer. The tourist, not the producer or seller, must move to the place of their production. This specificity is due to objective reasons. After all, it is impossible to move to Baikal, Balaton or the Alps for tourists.
From this follows the third feature. It lies in the fact that the products of the tourism industry are a set of services that can be tested only at the time of their consumption. In this regard, the successful sale of a tourism product requires a particularly trusting relationship between customers and sellers. Therefore, the high reputation of tour operators and travel agents, hotels and airlines is extremely important here.
Importance of tourism
The purpose of tourism is one of the main and defining features of it. In the classical theory of tourism, only six general goals are recognized, according to which tourism is distinguished from travel in general:
- health-improving (restoration of the spiritual and physical strength of a person, as well as treatment);
- cognitive (improving and deepening knowledge about the nature of natural phenomena, the past and present of mankind, the history and culture of other countries and peoples);
- sports (preparation and participation in competitions and games at the professional and amateur levels, as well as participation as spectators);
- professional and business (business trips, participation in conferences, congresses, seminars, exchange of experience, professional training);
- religious (pilgrimage, cult, cultural and historical for the study of religion and cults);
- guest and nostalgic (visiting relatives, places of historical residence).
At the same time, specialists have developed a standard classification of travel purposes, the main of which are:
- leisure, recreation and recreation;
- business and professional purposes;
- visiting friends and relatives;
- religious and pilgrimage;
- other purposes (for example, transit).
At the same time, trips for the purpose of leisure, recreation and recreation account for 50%; business and professional trips – 30%; 10% of tourists visit friends and relatives.
Tourism also performs a variety of functions:
- restorative – freeing a person from a feeling of fatigue through a contrasting change in environment and type of activity;
- developing – providing opportunities for personal development (broadening one’s horizons, creative and organizational activities);
- entertaining – providing vacationers with the opportunity to have fun; this also includes familiarity with the area, its inhabitants, the organization of concerts, sports and other events, outdoor activities;
- economic – manifested through the demand and consumption of tourists, and the needs of tourists are divided into basic, specific and additional; this function ensures the restoration of working capacity, employment of the population, profit;
- social – the growth of the standard of living of the population, the distribution of the budget and the rational use of free time.
Some experts offer a slightly different list of tourism functions. At the same time, its general essence as a phenomenon is preserved. So the most important functions of tourism are health-improving, developing, social status, socio-economic and integration.
Wellness. A variety of impressions and satisfaction of recreational needs of People have a positive effect on their physiological, mental state, working capacity and social activity.
Developing. The involvement of tourists in educational and cultural-educational programs creates conditions for raising their intellectual level, broadening their horizons.
Social status. Tourism is becoming an important indicator of the social status of a person, an indicator of the quality of his life.
Socio-economic. Tourism, being one of the largest and most dynamic industries, ranks second in terms of income after oil production and refining. It provides employment for 6% of the working population of the Earth. This function is also manifested in the fact that people, while resting, thus restore their ability to work, which has not only social significance, but also a direct economic effect.
Integration. Tourism contributes to the development of international economic relations, the emergence of a number of international intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and unions.
Must Read: 5 Beautiful Places in Pakistan To Visit