You may want to share private youtube videos with international friends or your YouTube Partner (to verify the video is good before it goes live) or maintain privacy with your long-distance family members. By allowing trusted individuals to view your private videos, you increase the level of security for your content.
So, in this post, let me explain the step-by-step process of how to share a private video on YouTube.
Methods for Making a Private YouTube Video Available to Others
How to share private youtube videos follow the instructions below:-
Start by visiting your YouTube profile.
Go to your YouTube account and make sure you’re logged in. Click the Video Upload button on your browser’s toolbar to get started.
An upload video dialogue box will appear when you click the Upload Video button.
Step 2: Post your video on social media.
- When the video uploading process begins, you can select “Private” as the visibility option.
- To share privately, you’ll need to set the visibility to “Private” and then click the “SHARE PRIVATELY” button.
- Click the SHARE PRIVATELY button while keeping your eyes closed. A pop-up window will open.
- Enter the private email addresses of the people who will be watching your video here. It lets you enter the email addresses of the people you want to share with. Spaces are used to separate each valid email address.
Step 3: Directly Send a Private Video
To share a private video you’ve already uploaded, please refer to the instructions below.
- Click on Content in the left-sidebar of YouTube Studio to get started.
- Click the “Private” drop-down in the “Visibility” section.
- Enter the email address you want to share in the “SHARE PRIVATELY” box.
That’s all there is to it. The recipient is notified via email of the video link. As a result, the video can only be viewed by those with access. A private video can be shared with a maximum of 50 people.
How to watch a private youtube video
Here are instructions to watch a private youtube video:-
- The video’s uploader will send you an email notifying you that the video has been shared with you.
- There is a red box with three white horizontal dots in it in the email. To view the video on YouTube, simply click here.
- It is now time to watch the video that was uploaded to YouTube. You must, however, be logged in to your YouTube account with the same email address that was used to send the private link before you can use it.
- Please sign in to your YouTube account and try clicking the link again if the video doesn’t play or you get an error page on YouTube.
Related article: How to Fix YouTube Not Working on Android?