Generally speaking, there are three basic ways to create a professional email signature: manually through your email provider using time-consuming steps, paying a pricey graphic designer to create a signature specifically for you, or using an email signature generator. The best method is the last one because it only takes three simple steps to create a strong signature optimized for lead generation and marketing.
Select an email signature maker.
Using an email signature generator to create one yourself is undoubtedly one of the most affordable and effective options. Navigate to the signature generator of your choice to get started. WiseStamp will be used in this tutorial.
We are emphasizing this option for how to create an email signature because it provides two templates that you can use to create a free email signature. However, they offer a cheap, paid service that enables you to access even more templates and applications. Anyone who wants an even more distinctive signature can create their custom design by upgrading to the premium service.
● Other Signature Generator Service Providers
While WiseStamp will be highlighted for the remainder of this article, there are other email signature generator options available that provide extra advantages for a fee:
● Gimm.io: Gimmio is a different website that offers a free service for people who want to make an email signature quickly and effectively. Free templates are also available, and premium services with more templates, fonts, and customization options are also available. Compared to WiseStamp, there are more options for free templates.
● HubSpot: This generator makes it simple to create your email signature and offers six free templates. With these templates, you can add polished touches and customize your signature and color scheme to fit your branding. The website’s generator is also straightforward yet simple. It’s important to remember that HubSpot costs more than WiseStamp and Gimm.io because it’s an all-encompassing content management system (CMS).
Type in your contact details and design elements.
Entering all necessary professional contact information is the next step after choosing which generator to use. The following details make up this information:
● Initials and last name
● Work title
● Name of the business, phone number, and email
● business website
More than just your first and last name must be included in cold emails to provide recipients with additional information about your role and company. However, by including trackable links or other signature design elements like:
● a company logo design or user profile image
● a button that prompts action
● Links to social media
● Images for banners that support your brand
● To finish this step, you can access the signature editor using WiseStamp from the welcome page. You will be prompted to enter your signature information there. Additionally, you can upload a picture of yourself or the business’s logo with various logo design.
Click the “Social” button on the left after entering the necessary information. You can type in your social media links here. To gather some user insights, you can also make your links trackable. This will reveal who and when clicks on the links provided and their interactions. You can accomplish this using a free link tracker like Bitly or Attach.
Then you can select your preferred template by going to “Template.” Select the one that will best represent the image of your company because an email signature is used to promote your brand and display important information.
Additionally, you can alter your design by changing the decorative line, the font and color, the images, the details, and the social icons.
By selecting the “Apps” button, you’re given even more options to improve your signature or include a call to action (CTA).
Link Your Email to the Generated Signature
Click “OK, I’m done” after finishing the steps above. The process of linking the signature to your
business email will then begin. Based on the addresses you entered when setting up your WiseStamp account in the beginning, you will be prompted to select the email provider you will be using with your new email signature here.
How to Use Email Signatures for Marketing
Viewers may form an opinion of you based on the appearance of your email signature. A full-width image promoting the type of work you do and the services you offer would look great in the space between your contact information and the email’s footer. Adding a banner is what is meant by this.
For instance, if you work in real estate, you could use the space by adding a banner with the locations you sell or promote. This will provide an overview of your company to pique the interest of potential clients and customers.
Professionals can also use their email signature as a marketing tool in the following ways:
● Social Proof is provided: Images are eye-catching and can quickly grab the attention of potential customers. You can strengthen your marketing claims and build customer trust by including awards and certificates in your signature. For your banner, you can also use eye-catching pictures or a commendation. Your company can stand out from the competition with this look.
● Encourages a closer relationship: Think about which would be more appropriate to use in your email signature: your face or your logo. An individual frequently serves as the company’s face in various professions, such as real estate, where people are the focal point of the work. Therefore, it is common for their email signatures to include pictures of themselves.
● Boosts Brand Awareness: As was already mentioned, other industries focus more on the brand than the individual. In this situation, the company logo frequently precedes the sender’s contact information in the email signature.
● Gives Recipients a Reason to Learn More: An email signature’s amazing ability to include the necessary information, including links to your website’s most popular pages, is what makes it so useful. You’ll help your audience find the most engaging pages and grow your business by providing them with this information.
● Creates Eye-Catching Emails: You can also experiment with specific colors to draw attention to your email signature. Make use of the white background by including a different color as contrast to draw viewers’ attention. However, as this aids in brand recognition, this technique functions best when you have established a unified color identity for your company that all staff members use in their signature.
Dos and Don’ts for Email Signature Creation
Not everything fits in a professional email signature. To create a presentable, respectable, expert, and eye-catching email signature, a few rules must be adhere to. Here are a few guidelines you ought to abide by:
● Do make a powerful signature: People will be able to tell that your brand is sincere and reliable if your email signature is well-designed. As a result, a powerful signature must also accurately represent the company, who it represents, and what it stands for without being overly flashy. By doing this, you’ll aid in increasing brand recognition among recipients of your emails.
● Do sign your name. Remember that email signatures don’t have to be elaborate or flashy. It ought to be simple to read and simple to look at. For a professional signature, stay away from overly ornate design elements. For certain industries (like design, art, or tech), simple and minimalist designs are typically better suite to present your company’s details and market your brand simultaneously.
By using email signature generators the same as WiseStamp or having one create by services like Fiverr, you can market your brand through your business emails professionally. This establishes credibility for your company, builds trust, and demonstrates professionalism. Remember that it must be an ode to simplicity and effectiveness and reflect your brand.