Writing virtual team meeting minutes is hard only until you know the basics. Its basics just include noting every detail from start to end. You can create a great draft by keeping notes from the very beginning of a virtual team meeting platform. It is not a challenging task to accomplish.
Moreover, know about the format and how you can easily make the pointers of every agenda discussed in the meeting. As per the virtual corporate meeting platform experts, you can achieve great success with some guidance.
Hence, here is a complete brief of all the pointers that can be helpful to make an exceptional virtual team meeting minutes.
15 Things to Include in Your Meeting Minutes as Vital Data!
There is no fixed information or detail that you need to add in a minute. It totally depends on the virtual meeting agenda and rules of your company. You have to work according to the minutes’ format of your organization. Still, if you are confused about where to start, here is a complete guide.
- You can start your meeting minutes by writing the name and the mode of the meeting. If you are conducting an event on a virtual team meeting platform, you must mention it. Otherwise, just write the physical venue name. It will help all the attendees and other employees who were unable to attend the meeting remember. Also, it needs to be noted for a proper record.
- The next line will include the meeting held to date and time. You need to note down the time of the meeting and even change it if there are any changes in the timing.
- Then you need to create a list of the employees who are supposed to attend the meeting with everyone. Jot down every participants’ name, both present and absent.
- Next comes the meeting’s agenda or purpose. You have to explain in brief the reason behind holding this meeting. Create proper pointers for the topics to be discussed in the meeting.
- You have to focus on the acceptance of or changes made to the minutes of the last meeting. Moreover, companies conduct some meetings monthly or weekly. It helps to analyze and keep track of work that the team is working on for the time interval. So, it is essential to discuss the progress in the pointers of the last meeting. You can keep the pointers ready from the last minute to take further follow-up.
- Next, you have to jot down all the decisions made during the virtual team meeting. It may include the following pointers:
- Actions or steps taken to achieve the success in project
- Activities to follow to achieve the further task goals
- Announce the outcomes of the elections on the virtual AGM platform
- If there is a project work that the team does not find in a motion, they can discuss whether to reject or accept such action.
- You also have to discuss and finalize the date of the next date and time for the meeting.
- Write the pointers of work assigned to every team member individually. You need to keep a record of that also in your draft. It will be helpful for everyone to check and know what they need to do next as per their work task.
- All the team members will discuss and decide the actions to take for the items and the steps to follow to achieve the agenda item. It is necessary for the future achievements and success of the projects.
- Also, it is vital to discuss and finalize the date and venue of the next meeting. It will be helpful to make everyone present at the venue on a perfect date and time.
- Keep the notes of the pointers that the manager will ask for follow-up. It will make your work easy for the next meeting. You just have to check this list, and you will get all the information about the feedback required to take in the upcoming meeting.
- You have to collect and keep a copy of every document that should be attached to the meeting report. It will help the attendees present at the virtual meeting platform look at the crucial documents even after the meeting ends.
- Do not wait to write the minutes. You have to write the minutes immediately after the meeting. It will help you revise everything discussed in the meeting, and you will not forget to add any of the points in your meeting minutes.
- The format is a very vital aspect when it comes to creating a formal document. You should know the MOM format your company follows and uses. If your organization does not have any fixed structure, take a review from your team manager before submitting it.
- Before you send the mail of minutes, it is crucial that you review your minutes totally. Discuss and ask your teammate to add pointers if you missed any. It will make your minutes perfect. Also, you can send a mail to your manager first and then create a final one for perfection.
- You have to be perfect in your language while writing a minute’s mail. So, you must proofread the MOM for clarity. The virtual corporate meeting platform experts suggest using a clear format, the word choice is right, and the grammar is correct. Moreover, you have to send the mail to all the team members, including the higher authorities. Hence, you can not afford to make any grammatical, language, or other information-related mistakes.
So, these are the various ways that can be helpful to create great meeting minutes and achieve great success. It may sound hard, but you can achieve great success with a proper format and a little awareness during the virtual meeting. Taking short notes during the meeting can be a tremendous help for you later. All information can help you to write the final draft. So, keep taking pointers.
Hope, you will find this article beneficial to know all the information you need to include in your virtual team meeting minutes.