Almost every woman faces a gynecological problem at some point. Mild symptoms and conditions can be managed, but more severe conditions can have long-term consequences, such as decreased fertility and a lower quality of life. Regular check-ups and a healthy lifestyle can help prevent various illnesses. Also, if you are a resident of Mumbai, you can visit the best gynecology hospital in Mumbai.
Some of the conditions that require medical attention are listed below:
- Painful/Irregular Periods. Periods are uncomfortable for many women. It is more so if the periods are extended beyond the normal duration or if the bleeding is heavy. It may also be irregular and sporadic. In either case, please consult a gynecologist as soon as possible.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Women with hormonal imbalances face PCOS. The majority of women with PCOS develop cysts on their ovaries. The cysts are not dangerous on their own. Patients who do not undergo early treatment may face heart problems or diabetes later on.
- Incontinence. Leaking of urine or feces is more common in women after the 60s following menopause. It may be a fall-out of forceps or vacuum-induced delivery. A gynecologist can suggest treatments such as behavioral therapy or muscle relaxation, diet change, medication, or surgery.
- Vaginal odor. If any unpleasant smell or odor comes out of the vagina, it may be a sign of bacterial infections that need prescription medication.
- Discomfort during sex. Even though this topic is hard to discuss, a gynecologist is very familiar with the issue. Patients may experience dryness, unusual pain or a burning sensation, anxiety, etc., during sex. These may occur due to excessive or intense doses of birth control pills or other similar reasons that need expert advice; therefore, one should communicate all issues clearly without hesitation.
- Urinary Tract Infection. A burning sensation in the urethra, abdominal cramps, pain during intercourse, and the need to urinate frequently are symptoms of UTI. It mainly occurs due to bacteria. Other than that, pregnancy, sexual promiscuity, diabetes, and various other factors can cause UTIs.
Why should women seek medical help for gynecological issues?
Women should have a regular and comprehensive health screening as part of their regular medical care. The exam is helpful in the early detection and treatment of a variety of medical disorders and disease prevention and control. During this time, a woman can discuss her health concerns with her doctor, receive advice, and learn about new methods and treatments.
What does it involve?
- Physical examination
- Screening tests
- Lifestyle counselling based on the patient’s age and other personal risk factors.
- Monitoring heart rate and blood pressure.
Menopausal women can get relief from symptoms like vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. A doctor can screen for colon cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis. Many cancers, including breast, cervical, and ovarian cancer, have no apparent symptoms. The earlier a disease is identified, the better the chances of successful treatment.
Visit Nanavati Max Hospital, the best gyaecology hospital in Mumbai, where people get complete healthcare solutions from a highly dedicated and experienced medical team.