The Netgear AC1200 EX5000 dual-band WiFi range extender extends the radius of your existing network and provides WiFi rates of up to 1200 Mbps. All you have to do now is complete the Netgear EX5000 setup and you’ll be linked across your home. It’s compatible with any regular WiFi network and is ideal for online gaming and streaming HD video. You can learn how to set up the Netgear AC1200 EX5000 WiFi range extender without any problems here. Let’s get this party started.
Netgear EX5000 setup with manual method
Follow the instructions below to manually configure your Netgear AC1200:
- Turn on your Netgear EX5000 AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender.
- Place the WiFi extension near your router.
- After that, connect the extension to your computer.
- Wait until the Power LED turns green.
- Use a WiFi or Ethernet connection to connect your Netgear EX5000 WiFi range extender.
- In a web browser on a PC or mobile device, type mywifiext.net.
- Please contact our specialists for quick assistance if this web address does not work on your device.
The login screen for the Netgear EX5000 appears.
Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your extender to an existing WiFi network.
Place your extender in a more convenient spot.
Move the extender nearer to your modem and try again until the LED turns white if you have no or a bad connection.
- After you’ve discovered the best location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network..
- Contact our highly-experienced professionals if you’re still having trouble setting up your Netgear EX5000 AC1200 extension.
- Setup for the Netgear EX5000 WiFi Extender: Method of the WPS
- To use the WPS push button to set up the Netgear EX5000 WiFi extender, follow these steps:
- Turn on the EX5000 AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender.
- The WiFi router and extender should be in the same room.
- Connect your extension to an electrical outlet once it’s finished.
- Wait for the EX5000’s Power LED to turn green.
- On the extender, press the WPS button.
- Now, on your WiFi router,you will have to press the WPS button.
- The connection between your router and extension is good if the Netgear EX5000 LED illuminates white.
If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender will attempt to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you hit the WPS button. If your extender failed to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it could cause a slew of problems during Netgear extender EX5000 setup. Contact our professionals via email or live chat to resolve such issues as soon as possible.
- Place your extender in a more convenient spot.
- Take your WiFi-enabled PC or mobile device to a location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- With your Wirelessly Pc or smartphone, connect the extended network.
- For its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz expanded networks, your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router.
- That’s how you use the WPS button to finish your Netgear EX5000 setup. Feel free to contact our professionals if you run into any technical difficulties during the setup procedure.
Netgear AC1200 EX5000 FastLane setup
FastLane Technology maximizes the performance of your WiFi connection. It essentially provides a high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band linking your WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting your WiFi device to the extender. The Netgear AC1200 EX5000 FastLane Setup is as follows:
- Connect a WiFi network with your client device.
- Open any web browser
- Log in to the Netgear AC1200 EX5000 extender website.
- When prompted, login into the system.
- Click the ‘FastLane’ option on the Netgear Genie page.
- You now have two choices: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ or ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz’.
- Choose whatever option you like and then hit the Save button.