When you block someone on Discord, that person won’t be able to send you messages. But, what if you change your mind later? It’s pretty straightforward, you can unblock the user and you can do it on your computer using a desktop app or using the app on your phone, whichever suits you. Let’s see how to unblock someone on Discord.
How to unblock someone on Discord: Computer
Here’s how to unblock someone using the app on your Mac or PC:
- Find one of the messages from the person you want to unblock on the server you are sharing. Keep in mind that messages from blocked users are displayed as “Blocked Message – Show Message“. Click on Show Message and you will see the text. When you click on this option, the person’s username will also appear.
- Right click on the username
- A menu will appear. Select Unblock.
How to unblock someone on Discord: smartphone
You can unblock the user using the smartphone app. Here’s how to do it:
- Find one of the messages from the person you want to unblock on the server you are sharing. The text of the message will be hidden. You will see “Message blocked” instead. Tap on it and the message will appear with the username and profile picture.
- Tap the user’s profile picture.
- Then tap on three dots.
- Tap Unblock.
How to unblock someone on Discord if you don’t share the server
If you are not sharing the server, follow these steps:
- On the computer’s Discord application, click the Home button (Discord logo), then click “Friends”, click Blocked. Find the user you want to remove from the list, right click and select Unblock.
- On the phone’s Discord app, tap three lines at the top right. Next, tap on the icon that displays a waving character. Click on “Blocked”. Find the user you want to unblock and swipe it to the left. Finally, tap Unblock.
You May Also Read: How to unblock someone on TikTok