You will need Quickbooks product code and other relevant details if you wish to activate the Quickbooks application on your system. This license number is unique and comes in a secured form. There are times when a user may face issues while using the key to activate Quickbooks on the system. Usually, you may encounter this issue if the encrypted file is missing or damaged on your system. In this article, we have discussed the Quickbooks license issue. This issue is encountered when you have cloned your application. These issues can be resolved issues if you follow the steps carefully. However, if you are not aware of any technicalities, you will have to seek technical support.
General Tricks to Resolve the Quickbooks Issue
In case you entitlementDataStore.ecml file is damaged on your system, you can face the Quickbooks license error. Therefore, you will have to remove the entitlement file from your system. Other than this, you can also get rid of other issues like:
- Quickbooks error code 3371
- An error message indicating that the Quickbooks application has not been registered. Usually, the issue occurs when the user is not capable of using Online banking.
- Sync licensed data is disabled on the system.
- Other than this, you may also encounter the issue that the user needs to subscribe to the accountant’s copy.
- Configuring Quickbooks desktop on the system.
Causes of Quickbooks License Error
Below we have mentioned all the causes of the Quickbooks license error after clone. This will help you resolve the issue at the same time will help you avoid the issue.
- You may be attempting to export the QBO file before storing it on the system.
- Different crucial components like MSXML and Data files are damaged or corrupted on the system.
- Also, you can encounter the issue if you are using an outdated version of the Windows operating system.
- Other than this, there are chances that the Quickbooks application that you are using is outdated.
- The next reason for which you can face the issue is that the Quickbooks application is blocked by the antivirus installed on the system.
Methods to Fix Quickbooks License Error
You can use various methods to resolve the Quickbooks License error after clone. In this section, if we have explained to you all the methods in detail. Check out all the methods below.
Method 1: Delete Entitlement Data File
As we have mentioned damaged Entitlement. ecml file is one of the major reasons for the occurrence of the issue, deleting this file can help you resolve the issue easily. Below we have mentioned all the steps to delete the entitlement file and register on the application again.
- First, you will have to press the ALT, CTRL and DEL keys together on the system. The task manager will now open on the screen.
- You will then have to click on the processes tab. Under this tab, you will have to tap on the process with the name qbw32.exe process.
- Also, click on the option to end the task.
- When done, you will have to start the Run window will on the screen by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- You will then have to type C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\V8 in the Run window and then hit the enter key.
- Now, you will have to tap on the OK key and then look for the ECML file on the system.
- After this, right-click on the process and choose delete.
Method 2: Update Your Windows Operating System
Now the next method that you will have to follow is to update the Windows operating system on the system. Ensure to follow all the steps below.
- First, you will have to tap on the start icon and then click on the search box.
- In the search box, you will have to type update. Now, look for the relevant options for Windows updates.
- When done, tap on the option to check for updates.
- In case you find any updates, you will have to download and install them on the system.
- In the end, you will have to start your system again.
Method 3: Employ Quickbooks Diagnostic Tool
Quickbooks install diagnostic tool can help you to easily detect and fix common diagnostic issues in your QuickBooks application. Below we have mentioned all the steps to download and use the diagnostic tool on the system.
- To start with, you will have to download Quickbooks diagnostic tool on the system. Make sure to save the file on the local drive.
- When done, you will have to close all the applications running and then tap on the QBInstalltool.exe file on the system.
- You will then have to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Let the tool identify the issue and fix it. This may take approximately up to 20 minutes.
- In the end, check if the issue is resolved.
This is it. These were some of the full proof methods that you can use to fix Quickbooks license errors. However, if the issue persists, you will have to talk to the expert for guidance.