Get information and transfer it wherever you want
You can copy and paste on your Chromebook just like you would on other computers. This can be done through both key combinations when you press certain sets of keys together, and through the context menu you get when right-clicking on things like web pages. If you have a touchscreen Chromebook or don’t have the correct touchpad button, you can still copy and paste.
How to select and copy text on a Chromebook
Copying and pasting selected texts on your Chromebook is easy. First, find the text you want to copy, then you have to select it. Once text is selected, you can copy it with a keyboard shortcut or by right-clicking.
Here’s how to copy and paste a text selection on a Chromebook using the right-click method:
- Find the text you want to copy. The text can be on a web page, in an email, or in any other document that allows you to select text.
- Left-click the left edge of the text you want to highlight.
If your touchpad has only one button or all touchpad presses, the default is left click.
- While holding the left touchpad button, drag the cursor on the screen to the right until you select the appropriate text.
- With the text selected, right-click anywhere in the selection.
If your touchpad doesn’t have the right mouse button, hold down the Alt key. You can also tap the touchpad with two fingers instead of a single right-click. To right-click on a touch screen, hold your finger on the screen instead of touching it.
- Select Copy.
- Open the application where you want to paste the text. It could be an email, a Google Docs file, or something else that allows you to paste text.
- Right click where you want to paste the text.
- Select Paste.
For more information about to copy and paste on Chromebook, follow this link: https://evokingminds.com/how-to-copy-and-paste-on-chromebook/
How to copy and paste text using a keyboard shortcut
In addition to the context menu, you can also use keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste text on your Chromebook. These are actually the same standard shortcuts used on Windows computers, making them easy to remember.
Here are the keyboard shortcuts for copying and pasting on a Chromebook:
- Press Ctrl + C to copy
- Press Ctrl + V to paste
It’s easy to remember Ctrl + C, since C stands for copy. Ctrl + V can be harder to remember, but it can be helpful to think of V as Velcro. This command cannot use Ctrl + P because it is used for printing.
Read Also: 5 Best Bulk Texting Apps
Save Time: Copy an Entire Web Page or Document
Selecting text to copy the old fashioned way isn’t that hard, but it can be problematic if you want to select an entire web page or document, especially if you have to scroll to see it all. This may take a long time, or scrolling may override your selection.
If you want to quickly select an entire web page or document, here is the keyboard shortcut:
- Press Ctrl + A to select all
With the text selected, you can then copy it using the context menu by right-clicking or using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C to copy the entire text.
How to copy images from web pages
Text isn’t the only thing you can copy on a Chromebook. If you see an image you like, you can use the right-click context menu to save it, or you can copy and paste it into an image editing application. This allows you to modify the image in any way you like before sharing it.
Here’s how you can copy an image to a Chromebook:
- Find the image you want to copy.
- Right click on the image or hold Alt + Left click.
- Select copy image.
- Open an image editing application and create a new image.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the image.
Some images cannot be copied this way, and some image editing applications do not allow you to paste images that have been copied this way. If your image-editing application can open images from a Universal Resource Locator (URL), try right-clicking the image and choosing Copy Image URL instead.
How to copy videos on Chromebook
You can’t copy videos on a Chromebook in the same way that you can copy images, but you can copy a URL. A video URL is a link that you can share with people so they can watch the video as well, so this is very handy if you will find the video you want to share.
To copy a video link on a Chromebook:
- Find the video you want to share.
- Right click on the video or hold Alt + Left click.
- Select Copy Video URL.
Select Copy Video URL Currently to get a sharing link that will let your friends play the video at some point. This is useful if the video takes a while to start, or if you want to share a particularly funny or interesting moment.
- Open the app where you want to paste the video link. It could be email, a messaging app, or any other app that allows you to paste text.
- Right click where you want to paste the link or hold Alt + Left click.
- Select Paste.