If you don’t want someone to find you, view your timeline, or contact you on Facebook, you have the option to block them, either in the mobile app or on the website. If you’ve blocked someone by mistake, you can still unblock them. Here is how to block someone on Facebook either on your mobile phone app or on the website.
Method 1: How to block someone on Facebook in the mobile app
1. Connect to Facebook. Tap the dark blue icon with a white “f” on it to open the Facebook app. If you’re already signed in to your account on your phone or tablet, you’ll see your newsfeed appear.
- If you are not yet logged into Facebook, first enter your email address (or phone number) and password.
2. Press ☰ . This button is located at the bottom right of the screen (on iPhone) or at the top right (if you are using an Android).
3. Look for the Settings option. It’s at the bottom of the page.
- If you are using an Android device, skip this step.
4. Select Account Settings. You will be redirected to the account settings page.
- On Android, you’ll need to scroll down the page first.
5. Choose Block. Block is in the second group of options, at the very bottom of the page.
- If you’re using a phone with a reduced screen size, you’ll need to scroll down the page first.
6. Tap the text field. It’s the text field at the top of the screen that says “Add a name or email address.”
7. Type the name of the person you want to block. Then tap Block to display the confirmation page.
- If you know the email address of the person you want to block, type it in the text field.
8. Select Block. This option is next to the profile you want to block someone. Facebook will show profiles that match the name you entered. Tap Block to the right of the one you’re looking for.
9. Tap Block when prompted. It’s the blue button at the bottom of the page. Tap it to confirm your decision and block the selected user.
Read Also: How to block someone on TikTok
Method 2: How to block someone on Facebook on the website
1. Go to the Facebook website. Type https://www.facebook.com in your web browser. If you’re already logged into your account, this will show your newsfeed.
- If you’re not already logged into Facebook, enter your email address (or phone number) followed by your password before continuing.
2. Click on the dropdown menu. It’s the icon at the top right of the Facebook page. Click on it to open a drop-down menu.
3. Go to Settings. This option is at the bottom of the drop-down menu that appears.
4. Select Blocking. This tab is in the left panel on the settings page.
5. Click on the text field. This is the text field labeled “Add a name or email address” under the Block users heading
6. Type a person’s name. Then click “Block”. If you know the person’s email address, type it in the text field.
7. Click “Block” next to the user’s name. Facebook will display a list of people matching the name you entered. Click Block next to the profile you want to block.
8. Select “Block xxx”. It’s the blue button at the bottom of the pop-up window. Click it to add the person to your blocked users list.
- You can block someone by going to their profile page, selecting the … button at the top of the page and then choosing Block from the menu that appears.
- Before you block someone, consider unfollowing them to stop seeing their updates.
- If you decide to unblock someone, you won’t be able to block them again for 48 hours.