Gone are the days when patients have to use metal braces to straighten their teeth. Today, Invisalign has revolutionized the orthodontics world. Invisalign involved wearing a series of removable clear plastic aligner trays that aid in shifting the teeth into the proper position. It requires the patient to wear the aligners for an average of 12-18 months, depending on the complexity of the case. However, Invisalign treatment tends to be higher in costs.
So, if you are one of those who are considering Invisalign in Edmonton but wondering if they are worth the money or you should go with traditional metal braces, you are in the right place.
How much does Invisalign cost?
The price for Invisalign may range from $3,000-$8,000, depending on the severity of your case. Since the cost of Invisalign can vary from one person to another, it is good to schedule an orthodontic consultation to discuss your case.
If you can’t afford to spend on Invisalign but want to opt for this treatment, you can get the insurance that can provide you with coverage for your Invisalign treatment. While most dental insurance plans cover only the traditional metal braces or a small portion of Invisalign, you should always check with your insurance company to determine the extent of coverage.
There are a lot of factors that contribute to the amount you have to pay for Invisalign. It includes:
- Your oral health needs and how much work must be done
- The location you reside in and the average price of Invisalign in that area
- Type of malocclusion – misaligned teeth, overbite, underbite, crowding, etc.
- Length of treatment and number of aligners you need
- The cost of aftercare retainers and the number of dental visits
- The experience of the orthodontist you choose for Invisalign in Edmonton
Is Invisalign Treatment Worth It?
Today, Invisalign clear aligners are revolutionizing the world of dentistry. Here are a few reasons that make investing in Invisalign treatment worth it:
- Invisalign clear aligners are a great alternative to traditional metal braces and help you restore your teeth effectively. Moreover, these aligners are great for patients of all ages with mild to moderate cases.
- Invisalign clear aligners are removable, allowing you to eat whatever you want without worrying about how it will affect your teeth and how long it will take to clean your teeth afterward.
- In addition, Invisalign clear aligners are relatively more comfortable and hygienic than traditional braces. The Invisalign treatment may offer you quicker results than standard braces.
- Invisalign clear aligners are customized as per the user’s needs using modern 3D computer imaging. So, it will perfectly fit your mouth, making the whole process comfortable for both the patient and the orthodontist.
The Bottom Line
Opting for Invisalign treatment over traditional braces can be a wise idea However, it all depends on you and your orthodontist to decide which orthodontic treatment is ideal for you.
If you think you should opt for traditional braces just because the average cost of Invisalign in Edmonton is high, it is worth talking to your orthodontist about the payment options. Many orthodontists in Edmonton offer flexible payment options and allow you to pay in installments. If you have any questions, feel free to discuss them with your orthodontist before getting Invisalign treatment.