As you may have heard, Canada has always promised opportunities for competent international workers. So, it is no surprise that many people choose to work via a temporary work permit in Canada. The country also ensures that anyone can visit the country to meet their family or business purposes. For this, it’s essential to remember that the temporary resident visa in Canada also needs to get developed accordingly. It is possible that
This is a simple process whereby the visitor’s visa to Canada, officially known as the temporary resident visa Canada, is extended/renewed. In many cases, one lands themselves a new job or they decide to stay back for a few more days; either way, it is possible to extend the Temporary Residence Visa Canada/ temporary work permit Canada.
So here are some of the things to keep in mind to ensure that the process of extension/renewal of the permit goes off without a hitch:
- Biometrics are vital, and updating them is your responsibility. Ensure that your biometrics are updated and that the database has a copy of them within the last ten years. The cost of updating biometric details comes up to $85 per person.
- Apply for the extension while the temporary resident visa in Canada is still valid. It is essential to apply for an extension with 30 days still left on your current permit.
- In case of a Temporary Work Visa Canada, apply for an extension at least 30 days before your permit expires.
- Send everybody’s applications if you have traveled as a family or group. Every person will require their documents and separate applications and fees.
- Gather all the necessary documents as listed on the documents checklist available online.
- Pay the requisite fees. That would be $100 per person in case of a temporary resident visa in Canada and $155 per person for Temporary Worker Permits.
- Ensure that all the forms are filled out correctly and keep copies of all submitted paperwork.
- Do not forget to sign and place the correct dates on your form.
- In the case of online applications, submit the online documents and pay the fees at the correct checkout point.
- Ensure that you furnish details like why you want to stay longer. Keep proof of identity and current status in Canada ready. A guarantor’s letter is an important document to be furnished with details about your plan to leave Canada, ideally including the date and time of departure and means of transportation.
Immigration, travel, and realizing dreams can all be emotional life events. The most straightforward approach to ensure that you have a good time is to them effortlessly is to keep track of your paperwork and file the correct applications at the appropriate time.
Note that overstaying your permit or non-renewal/extension of permits like temporary work permits in Canada attracts penalties that you can easily avoid.