Trademark registrations are crucial to giving an authentic face and name to your brands. Companies that have their trademarks registered are secured and protected with legal rights. Their businesses have had a massive growth since their brand has earned a good reputation in the market. However, newer startups that are budding with immense creativity, diligence, and great ideas have lower chances of being recognized unless they use registered trademarks.
As you can guess, registering for a licensed trademark is a hectic process. For this reason, people consult a trademark registration attorney. They are well-versed in their work and have undergone special training to provide their customers with excellent service.
- How to register for a trademark in an online mode
- The first and foremost step is to consult a trademark registration attorney. He’ll guide you with your best options and support you throughout each procedure.
- Start searching for a brand name that is creative and unique. It is an essential step since this name will become your brand’s identity and remain forever.
- Another essential thing that needs to be done is thorough research about the name that you’ve chosen. Make sure that it does not overlap with any other existing company name. If it is found that your name or your logo matches another current company, then you can be penalized, and your budding startup can shut down once and for all.
- You need to fill out a trademark registration form while providing the following proofs: Business registration proof (your company’s address proof would be enough). An electronic copy of your trademark. A proof of claim that your company’s name or logo can be used globally. Lastly, a power of attorney document must be signed by the candidate.
- After filling up the form, you will receive an instant receipt of acceptance that your trademark registration has been approved. Therefore, you can start using your registered trademark name or logo.
- The Registrar of Trademark will be allotted to verify your trademark’s authenticity. He will check whether your brand is original or not. Your trademark should be one of a kind.
- The Registrar of Trademark will then proclaim your company’s trademark in the official State trademark journal.
- Next is the period of verification. Your name will be your trademark until three months when there shouldn’t be any complaint of duplication. There should be no grievances raised against your company’s trademark.
- If there are no such complications or complaints, then the Registrar of Trademark will issue a Trademark Registration Certificate under your name. Your trademark will be official.
- However, if it is found that your trademark has been reported against, you need to provide a counter-statement with your justifications. Based on that, decisions will be made whether your brand will stay or be taken away from you.
- The registration will be valid for ten years from its day of registration.
Consulting a Trademark Registration Attorney will save you from the hassle and unnecessary complications of delay. They will provide you with all the details, and you can quickly get your trademarks registered.